Welcome to the website on the numbered treaties created by students in HIST 2783: Canada since 1867 at Acadia University.
For this assignment, the class was broken up into 10 groups of 6 people each. Each group member was responsible for answering one of the following questions:
- Why was a treaty required in this time and place?
- What First Nations were included in this treaty?
- What did these people want from the treaty process?
- What did the government want from the treaty process?
- What were the treaties core provisions?
- What is the status of the treaty today?
In addition to answering these questions, the students were also required to deliver a 3-5 minute presentation to the class about their treaty.
Leave a comment